36 Amazing Video marketing Statistics for 2018
Digital marketing has emerged over the past ten years and managed to transform the way business completely is done across all sectors. The field is evolving very fast, and with time, the odds have tilted in favor of video content. For the past three years, the popularity of video content has been growing, and smart marketers have taken advantage of the trend to connect and engage their consumers, push brand key messages and boost their lead conversion. Here are some interesting factoids on video content marketing
You should know:
· That 82 percent of the people who are on twitter like watching video content on the platform
· That 45 percent of people watch an average total of 60 minutes of Facebook videos every single week, with over half a billion people watching Facebook videos weekly.
· People watch more than 500 million hours in YouTube videos every day.
· 87percent of the people who engage in online marketing use video content.
· More video content is created and uploaded in any 30-day period than the major TV networks have created in the past 30 years.
· YouTube has more than 1 billion users, which accounts for a third of the total internet population.
· Interestingly, the country with the highest daily video penetration rate is Saudi Arabia, with 98 percent penetration.
· The age group which watches the most number of online videos is millennials with men watching 40 percent more video content than women.
Mobile video marketing-the numbers
It is interesting to note that more than half of the content which is shared on mobile phones is videos. Peoples mobile phone behavior is quite predictable, with 92 percent sharing the videos which they watch with others. People who use periscope have created a total of 200 million broadcasts while 90 percent of twitter videos are watched on a mobile phone. The latest in video sharing sites, snapchat gets more than 10 million video views every single day.
Understanding video marketing engagement
There is a reason why video content has become as popular as it has:
· More than half of the marketers in the worldview video as the content type with the best returns on investment, as a matter of fact, the marketers who use video grow their revenue close to 50 percent more than those who do not.
· A whopping 64 percent of consumers will be willing to make a purchase of an item after watching branded videos.
· When people are asked to choose between video and text, 59 percent state that they will be more inclined to select a video, in fact, video content contributes to 1200 more shares than text and images. The same statistics show that video views on Facebook hiked by 258 percent while those on YouTube hiked by 99 percent.
· Video content has been proven to increase organic traffic by 157% with videos 2 minutes or less being the most popular. Also, a video on a landing page will increase conversion rate by 80 percent. People prefer native Facebook videos to YouTube links because the videos have 10 times more reach. When marketers combine video content with full-page ads, engagement increases by 22 percent.
Interesting facts on video content marketing
It is estimated that by 2019, 80 percent of all internet traffic will be video. On average, an internet user will spend 88 percent more time on a website which contains video than one that does not. People retain 95 percent of a video message, but only 10 percent of a text message.
All these are interesting facts and figures about video marketing as a solid digital marketing strategy. As you plan your next move in digital marketing, think about these facts and how they could help you turn the situation around to your benefit. The most important thing is to make sure that your entire digital strategy is informed by these social media marketing statistics and also these video marketing facts and figures. You will not go wrong by investing in video content.